Thursday, April 26, 2007

Carbonite


Do you recognize the Blue Screen of Death? If not, you will!

Today we're digressing from the usual topics to preview a product that many of us need, but didn't know about!





What would you do if your computer crashed today? Can you afford to lose ALL your data? Did you know that computer crashes occur on the average of once every three years! Now, I've had a hard drive last me well for 10 years! But, I've also had a well used hard drive crash after 9 months use! Sadly, I often learn things the hard way, and after losing my data once, I vowed to never let it happen again!

You've probably spent a lot of time organizing and collecting data on your PC or laptop. Do you do use your PC for bookkeeping? Are you writing the great American novel? Do you store family photos on your laptop? What if they were gone in a flash? If you're like me, you have a plethora of irreplaceable photos and tax and banking business stored on your hard drive. If your hard drive fails, where will you be?

Sure, I've burned things to CDs, but I'm not the best organizer. It would be hard to locate and re-organize all my work and downloads!

Recently I read about Carbonite Online back-up service, on the ScrapGirls site. I decided if a business with a huge amount of data to store trusted this service, I would learn more! I read about it, and decided to try it. I love it! I was at the point of buying another external hard drive, but the size I would need would cost over $500. Carbonite costs $5 per month, with no size limits. If you pre-pay for $49 for a year, it comes to $4.16 a month! I could not buy an external drive with enough life span to beat Carbonite's price!

Once you back up your hard drive, Carbonite does incremental back ups, meaning it will automatically back up the newest additions to your hard drive, and not start from the beginning! Stored files will have a small dot by them, so you KNOW they are backed up.

Restoring files is a snap! Your data is encrypted before it leaves your computer, so it is secure, and Carbonite also has redundant security, so you will never lose data!

You can Carbonite free for 15 days. The upload for the trial version is very slow, but worth it. You can still use your PC while backing up though! I highly recommend it! Click the Carbonite logo below to read more! You will be happy you did!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is some additional information about the "genetics" of this condition that was written by our Genetic Counselor and other genetic professionals: http://www.accessdna.com/condition/Canavan_Disease/72. I hope it helps. Thanks, AccessDNA